International Care Ltd (“ICL”), Haldenstrasse 4, 6006 Lucerne, Switzerland is the controller of the personal data you disclose to us and therefore responsible for your personal data under applicable laws.
“Personal Information” is information or pieces of information that could allow you to be personally identified such as: • Name • User name • Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses) • Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers) • Email address • Credit and debit card number • Profile picture • Social media account ID • Screen name • Shopping habits • Preferences • Country of residence • IP Address • School name and address • Company name and address • Preferred educational courses • Preferences • Browser and device information • Server log file information • Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies • App usage data • Demographic information and other information provided by you • Location information • Aggregated informationHOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section.4. Access, Modification and Choices
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. • If at any time you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us, the easiest way to do so would be to use the unsubscribe feature in the marketing communication you received. You may also let us know by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contact Us” section. In your request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us. • In addition, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including our subsidiaries, for the third party's direct marketing purposes if we have received and processed a request from you that your Personal Information should not be shared with third parties for that purpose. If you would like to submit such a request, please contact us. Please clearly indicate that you request that we do not disclose your Personal Information to our subsidiaries and/or other third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavour to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable and in no event later than 30 days after we received your request. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages. • To review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, please contact us and clearly describe your request. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Note that despite our efforts, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. Further, please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).5. Third Party Sites
Two types of cookies may be used on the sites, which are called "session cookies" and "persistent cookies". Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains on your device for much longer or until you manually delete it (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or "lifetime" of the specific cookie).THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We also use a number of suppliers that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our sites to allow them to deliver the services they are providing. If you would like more information about these cookies, as well as information about how to opt-out of receiving such cookies, please see their privacy policies.What cookies do we use?
Essential cookies are necessary for the Site to work and enable you to move around it and to use its services and features. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features you request.
- Session - Session cookies are used to maintain the state of the application. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Load balancing - Load balancing cookies are used to distribute the assets across the globe and lighten the server load. How to manage -Accept/refuse via browser setting
- User ID - User ID cookies are used to ensure that users only see their own information. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Security - Security cookies are used for security controls and checks. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the Site accordingly.
- Language - Language cookies are used to store the language the user has selected, and to show the correct options. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Location - The user’s approximate address (city, state, country, postal code) as determined by the IP address is retained in order to automatically select the proper country and show retailers and demonstration days within the area. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Mobile - If the user is viewing the Site on a mobile device, a cookie is set to indicate that the main website was selected (i.e., that the device is Flash-enabled), or the non-Flash mobile site. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Reference site - The reference site is recorded to better understand the user’s preference. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Last visit and activity - Date of last visit and activity and other information is recorded to be able to provide users with an update on “what’s changed on the site since your last visit,” and to better understand the user’s preferences. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Recently watched video - Date and title of recently watched video is recorded to be able to better understand the user’s preferences. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Flash Cookies Flash cookies are used to enable audio and video content to be played. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Page history - Page history cookies are used to track the sequence of pages the user has visited. If the user gets an error message while visiting the Site, the cookie information gets saved to a log file for error reporting and resolution. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
Such cookies are used to track members [and non-members] of social media networks for market research analytics, and product development.
- Facebook - Cookies are used to track Facebook members [and non-members] for market research analytics, and product development. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the Site, and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Site, help us record any difficulties you have with the Site, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, rather than the usage of a single person.
- Google analytics - Google analytics cookies collect aggregate statistical data to improve Site presentation and navigation. Google supplements the aggregate data with demographics and interest information, so that we can better understand our visitors. How to manage - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Advertising Cookies are used for marketing purposes.
- Advertising - Deliver behavioral/targeted advertising. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Market analysis - Conduct market analysis. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Campaign / promotion - Measure effectiveness of campaign. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Fraud detection - Detect click fraud. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
Although most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies, most internet browsers allow you to change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. In addition to the options provided above, you may refuse, accept or remove cookies from the Site at any time by activating or accessing the setting on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable, disable or remove cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled or removed, not all features of the Site may operate as intended, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of our Site or you may not receive personalised information when you visit the Site. If you use different devices to view and access the sites (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. If you want to clean out all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download three programs that clean out tracking cookies:
Some of the pages you visit on the Site may also collect information through the use of pixel tags (also called clear gifs) that may be shared with third parties which directly support our promotional activities and website development. For example, website usage information about visitors to our sites may be shared with our third party advertising agency to better target Internet banner advertisements on our websites. The information collected through the use of these pixel tags is not, however, personally identifiable, although it could be linked to your personal information.Contact Us
Browser-specific help with cookies: