Our Commitment to Your Privacy
If you cannot, or will not, provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested. CCAP will never use your personal data for purposes other than providing you with the information, goods, or services you have requested. And we will never, ever, share your data with third party companies unassociated with CCAP. Your data will be in safe hands.
“Personal Data” is information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified. For example:
- Name and contact details (e.g. postal and email address, telephone number)
- Account information (e.g. user name, profile picture or social media account ID)
- Country of residence
- Birth date
- Technical information, e.g. screen/user name, IP address, browser and device data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, server log file data, app usage data and location data
- Preferences (e.g. shopping habits, preferred educational courses)
- Company or school name and address
- Credit and debit card number
- Medical condition (e.g. allergies or illness)
How do we collect Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
Directly from you: Information is collected directly from you, either by you providing the information directly to us or you acting in a manner that provides us with the information, for example:
- Offline: We collect Personal Data from you offline, for example when you contact customer service, enrol in a product or service or provide information to us in writing.
- Online: We collect your Personal Data through the CCAP Products, for example when you sign up for a newsletter or a brochure, enrol in a product or service. We also collect Personal Data:
Through your use of a mobile application. When you download and use one of our mobile applications, and to the extent allowed by your privacy settings in the application, we track and collect mobile application usage data, such as the date and time the mobile application on your device accessing our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the mobile application based on your device number.
Through your device. Provided that you have enabled that function on your device, we collect the physical location of it to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. Read more about such services under “How do we use Personal Data?”
From CCAP corporate affiliates, business partners, assistance providers or claim handlers. We may receive Personal Data from other parties in conjunction with your course/program, including:
- CCAP corporate affiliates, such as the local CCAP company that promotes the sales of our services and offers customer service in your country of residence and provides us with the Personal Data that is needed to come to an agreement with you on your order, or the school in your country of destination that provides some of the services that you have ordered, or the Swiss principal company that is located in Switzerland and is responsible for the performance of the contract with you for any of CCAP’s offers.
- CCAP Business partners, such as local sales agents that promote the sales of CCAP products and services in your country of residence.
- Claims handlers who receive information about your insurance claims in case of an insurance situation.
From other sources. We may receive your Personal Data from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners such as marketing agencies or providers of software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics; social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your CCAP Products account and explicitly agree within the social media platform to share your details with us (such as name, username, or email), then we may receive and store the Personal Data you have agreed to share.
If you browse our sites
How do we use Personal Data?
- Your Personal Data will be processed by CCAP for the purposes of completing your booking, providing you with the products and services that you have ordered (including travel insurance coverage), for customer service, administrative services or as otherwise necessary to perform the contract between you and us or as further described in this policy.
- We may also use Personal Data:
- For statistical purposes, calculating usage levels, and helping diagnose server problems with the CCAP Products as well as to ensure that the CCAP Products function properly.
- To allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through the CCAP Products, as permitted by the applicable product.
- To allow you to participate on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and use other services enabling you to post information and materials.
- If you have given your consent:
- To analyse and improve our offers by identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and tailoring the CCAP Products experience and content based on your past activities on the CCAP Products. For example, depending on what CCAP Product you have searched for on our website, or in previous browsing, the offer presented to you on the CCAP Products may be limited to a specific language, course length or budget.
- To provide you with personalized location-based services and content through the use of your device’s physical location. For example, you will be redirected to the local CCAP website in your language if your device indicates that you are browsing from that country, or you may be suggested the nearest CCAP office to your location for visits or information.
- To market our products and services, including relevant promotions based on your interests. All such email communication will include a clear unsubscribe link.
How do we share Personal Data?
We share your Personal Data with CCAP’s corporate affiliates, business partners and service providers both within and outside the EEA/Switzerland:
- Our corporate affiliates are for example a local CCAP company that promotes the sales of our services and offers customer service in your country of residence, or the school in your destination country that provides some of the services that you have ordered, or one of the principal companies that is offering another of CCAP’s program.
- Business partners are for example local sales agents that promote the sales of our services in your country of residence; transportation or accommodation providers in your destination country; or course leaders, activity leaders or other contractors for management of any of our programs; or a travel insurance company that prepares the travel insurance for you.
- Service providers, such as providers of IT systems, for example for managing customer relations or payments, scheduling classes or storing learning results; or providers of software and services for digital marketing automation and analytics.
We have put appropriate safeguards in place for transfers of your Personal Data outside the EEA/Switzerland, including the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission, available at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32004D0915 and http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32010D0087. For more information on standard data protection clauses in place, please see the contact section below.
We also share Personal Data as we believe to be necessary: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or a contract; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
On what do we base our right to collect and use Personal Data? We base our right to collect and use your Personal Data on the need to do so in order to provide you with the services or products that you have ordered from us, or when there is a legitimate interest for us (i.e. the service provider) to use your Personal Data, such as for the marketing of products or services similar to the one(s) you have already purchased from that same legal entity.
To the extent we use sensitive Personal Data, we base this on your explicit consent. Sensitive data can for example be information about health, ethnicity or religious beliefs, read more under “Sensitive data”. To the extent that we use your Personal Data to send you offers beyond what is considered to be within our legitimate interest, such as marketing of products and services provided by a CCAP affiliate, we base this on your specific consent.
We use appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to keep the Personal Data under our control accurate and up-to-date, as well as to protect the Personal Data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and the accidental loss, destruction or damage of the Personal Data.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us you can use the unsubscribe feature in the marketing communication you received or let us know by using the contact information listed in the “Unsubscribe” section.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavour to comply with your request(s) within 2 weeks.
THIRD PARTY SITES
HOW LONG DO WE STORE PERSONAL DATA?
We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or in accordance with time limits stipulated by law and market practice, unless further retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or unless a specific time period has been communicated.
We will keep limited parts of your Personal Data which are necessary for marketing purposes until you withdraw your consent, but in no event for longer than 10 years after your last completed service or delivery of product.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16
If you are under the age of 16, you should review this text together with your parent or guardian to make sure you both understand them. We are not responsible for checking your age but sometimes we still do verification checks. If we learn that you are under the age of 16 and that we have collected information about you without consent from your parent or guardian, we will delete the information as soon as possible and you will not be able to use CCAP Products.
We do not generally seek to collect any sensitive Personal Data. Sensitive Personal Data is data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal background or trade union membership. In certain situations, this might however be necessary (for example in order to provide you with the services and products you have ordered and in relation to your insurance). We will make sure that we receive your explicit consent to such processing and treat this information securely.
You have a right to, once per calendar year, contact us and without cost find out which information about you that is being used. You have a right to receive your Personal Data in a machine readable format and you have a right to transfer your personal to another data controller.
You have the right to, at any time, withdraw your consent or object to us using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you may at any time request that the use of your Personal Data is restricted or that we shall delete your Personal Data. Note however that a restriction or deletion could mean that we are not able to provide you with information, services or products as you have requested. Upon your request, we are also obliged to correct Personal Data about you that is incorrect, incomplete or misleading.
If you would like to have a copy of the information CCAP holds about you; a copy of the standard data protection clauses or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at the address Cultural Care Au Par, Selnaustrasse 30, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland or click here.
If you have complaints about our handling of your Personal Data, you have a right to contact the supervisory authority in the country where you live.
Two types of cookies may be used on the sites, which are called "session cookies" and "persistent cookies". Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains on your device for much longer or until you manually delete it (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or "lifetime" of the specific cookie).THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We also use a number of suppliers that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our sites to allow them to deliver the services they are providing. If you would like more information about these cookies, as well as information about how to opt-out of receiving such cookies, please see their privacy policies.What cookies do we use?
Essential cookies are necessary for the Site to work and enable you to move around it and to use its services and features. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features you request.
- Session - Session cookies are used to maintain the state of the application. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Load balancing - Load balancing cookies are used to distribute the assets across the globe and lighten the server load. How to manage -Accept/refuse via browser setting
- User ID - User ID cookies are used to ensure that users only see their own information. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Security - Security cookies are used for security controls and checks. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the Site accordingly.
- Language - Language cookies are used to store the language the user has selected, and to show the correct options. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Location - The user’s approximate address (city, state, country, postal code) as determined by the IP address is retained in order to automatically select the proper country and show retailers and demonstration days within the area. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Mobile - If the user is viewing the Site on a mobile device, a cookie is set to indicate that the main website was selected (i.e., that the device is Flash-enabled), or the non-Flash mobile site. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Reference site - The reference site is recorded to better understand the user’s preference. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Last visit and activity - Date of last visit and activity and other information is recorded to be able to provide users with an update on “what’s changed on the site since your last visit,” and to better understand the user’s preferences. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Recently watched video - Date and title of recently watched video is recorded to be able to better understand the user’s preferences. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Flash Cookies Flash cookies are used to enable audio and video content to be played. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Page history - Page history cookies are used to track the sequence of pages the user has visited. If the user gets an error message while visiting the Site, the cookie information gets saved to a log file for error reporting and resolution. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
Such cookies are used to track members [and non-members] of social media networks for market research analytics, and product development.
- Facebook - Cookies are used to track Facebook members [and non-members] for market research analytics, and product development. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the Site, and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Site, help us record any difficulties you have with the Site, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, rather than the usage of a single person.
- Google analytics - Google analytics cookies collect aggregate statistical data to improve Site presentation and navigation. Google supplements the aggregate data with demographics and interest information, so that we can better understand our visitors. How to manage - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Advertising Cookies are used for marketing purposes.
- Advertising - Deliver behavioral/targeted advertising. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Market analysis - Conduct market analysis. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Campaign / promotion - Measure effectiveness of campaign. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
- Fraud detection - Detect click fraud. How to manage - Accept/refuse via browser setting
Although most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies, most internet browsers allow you to change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. In addition to the options provided above, you may refuse, accept or remove cookies from the Site at any time by activating or accessing the setting on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable, disable or remove cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled or removed, not all features of the Site may operate as intended, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of our Site or you may not receive personalised information when you visit the Site. If you use different devices to view and access the sites (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. If you want to clean out all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download three programs that clean out tracking cookies:
Some of the pages you visit on the Site may also collect information through the use of pixel tags (also called clear gifs) that may be shared with third parties which directly support our promotional activities and website development. For example, website usage information about visitors to our sites may be shared with our third party advertising agency to better target Internet banner advertisements on our websites. The information collected through the use of these pixel tags is not, however, personally identifiable, although it could be linked to your personal information.Contact Us
Browser-specific help with cookies: