Au Pair Qualifications
There are a number of requirements for the Au Pair programme that have either been set by government agencies or Cultural Care Au Pair. Since au pairs are taking on the responsibility of caring for people’s children, it is very important that all candidates meet these minimum standards. If you have any questions on whether or not you fulfill them, just give us a call.
A Cultural Care Au Pair:
- Is between the ages of 18 and 26 years old
- Loves kids and has at least 200 hours of experience caring for them
- Has their leaving certificate
- Has a driving licence or is able to get it before travel
- Does not have a criminal background
- Is in good health
- Is ready to commit to 12 months abroad
- Is not a US citizen
The most important qualification is good childcare experience. Our programme requires at least 200 hours of childcare experience to be an au pair. This can include babysitting (including relatives), volunteering or working at a daycare or creche, coaching children’s sports, working with a church group, tutoring children or any type of experience working with kids.